Love this Baked Jalapeño Popper Dip with Bacon. It’s the perfect dip for late night hang outs or catching the game. It’s warm, creamy and has tons of flavor.
Best of all, it’s quick and easy to make. Chop it up throw it all in a cast iron pan and you are done!! I love snack recipes that have all the flavors of my favorite comfort foods. Don’t you? That means we can enjoy (and indulge) in our favorite foods without it taking a lot of time.
More and More Jalapeños
We first started making jalapeno poppers when we started growing jalapenos in our garden. We had some many we were unsure of what to do with all the jalapenos. So we decided to make grilled jalapeno poppers. We made a cheesy bacon filling, took all the seeds out and filled it with the cream cheese filling. It was absolutely delicious and absolutely hot.
We vowed never again. But this dip has just enough spice. The sour cream and mayo does a great job of cooling the spice from the jalapeño . Not to mention we were crazy for grilling fresh jalapeno peppers. All that did was intensify the heat. But hey, what did we know back then. Thank goodness we know better know..
Another reason I like this recipe is because it’s not to spicy for the littles. I add fresh slices of jalapeño on mine because I like spice, but the littles aren’t big fans. So this recipe is perfect.
- Use a pairing knife to slice off the stem of the jalapeño. Then gently use the knife to scrape the inside of the jalapeño removing the seeds.
- Make sure to use a dry measuring cup to measure the amount of diced jalapeños.
- If you are short on time (or feeling lazy) drop all the ingredients into your oven safe dish and use the back of your spoon to mix it well.
Baked Jalapeño Popper Dip with Bacon
Baked Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup jalapenos seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
You can top with additional slices of jalapeno and bacon. Then garnish with fresh parsley.
Tortilla chips and pretzsel for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese and sour cream and mix well.
- Then add diced jalapenos, cheeses, garlic powder, bacon, salt and pepper. Mix until completely combined with cream cheese mixture.
- Place mixture in a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheesy top is bubbly and slightly brown.
- Garnish with additional bacon, jalapenos and or parsley and serve with tortilla chips, hard or soft pretzels.
Pressure Cooker Directions
For all of my pressure cooker lovers (whoop whoop) this dip takes about 5 minutes in the pressure cooker. Mix everything (except the bacon) together in a cooker cooker friendly bowl. Press manual high pressure and set time to 5 minutes. Then quick pressure release (be careful of the steam).
Remove dip from pressure cooker and give it an nice stir. Then add your nice crisp bacon and other toppings. Serve warm with tortillas chips and/or pretzels.
This is a delicious dip for anytime you just want to curl up with something yummy. Of course, you could also share it with your friends. I would suggest you make a second one so you don’t have to share.
If you like this tasty recipe you might also like …