Moist Coconut Flour Banana Nut Muffins are the perfect healthy breakfast or snack for your family.
If you’re part of the EKC Family sure you know banana muffins and breads are a staple in our house. There are tons of different types of banana recipes on the blog because I am always experimenting with bananas.
For me, it’s fun to experiment with muffin recipes. Especially, to see how healthy and tasty I can make them. These Coconut Flour Banana Nut Muffins fit the bill. It’s got protein, potassium, fiber, magnesium and so much more. Best of all, not only is this recipe simple, you can make it in advance and warm it in the morning. Luckily, you reap all the benefits of me being a serious foodie and nerd.
We’re a busy family but we still want to give the littles delicious healthy food. The better they eat the more they grow right? But if they don’t like it, they won’t eat it. Then all the time, energy and ingredients go to waste. My focus is always on making delicious comfort food the whole family will love and these coconut flour banana nut muffins are exactly that.
Why coconut flour?
There are a bunch of reasons I decided to use coconut flour in this banana muffin recipe. Mostly, since hubby and I are dipping our toes in Keto, I thought it would be great to use coconut flour since it’s low in carbohydrates. That way if we wanted to grab a muffin on our way in the morning we could without throwing the carb allotment to far off balance.
I also like to use coconut flour because it’s high in protein (for a flour). I think it’s important for the littles to start there day with protein. It’s also high in fiber and healthy fat. As well as, manganese, iron, potassium, phosphorus and vitamin B6. I’m sure there are so other vitamins and minerals I’m missing but you get the point. Coconut flour is nutrient dense.
Though coconut flour can be difficult to work with I’ve been working with it for years. I’ve tested and created tons of recipes for friends and family that are AIP and Paleo. So, these muffins are absolutely delicious and moist, unlike some other recipes.
Funny enough, I decided to make these muffins because I plan on using the base of this recipe to make a carrot cake for my birthday. It’s really unpleasant to go from the Keto lifestyle back to regular flour and white sugar and I’ve found that sweets that are paleo work better with my system.
What You’ll Need
Coconut Flour Banana Nut Muffins
Coconut Flour Banana Nut Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons fine almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey melted
- 3 medium over ripe bananas mashed (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl, mix together coconut flour, almond flour, salt and baking soda until completely combined. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl gently whisk eggs. Then beat in butter, honey, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix by hand with a silicone spatula or with a hand mixer on low speed. Mix until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon of butter to grease cups in muffin tin.
- Stir in walnuts and spoon batter to halfway part of the muffin cup. This recipe makes about 12 muffins. Top with additional chopped walnuts if you choose.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
I serve these muffins with some soften butter or sometimes some raspberry jam.
These Coconut Flour Banana Nut Muffins are moist and just sweet enough that your family will enjoy it for breakfast or any time of day.
If your looking for Paleo recipes you might also like
These coconut flour banana nut muffins