This Easy One Pan Cajun Shrimp is full of flavor straight from the Bayou and perfect for the entire family.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase an item, I will receive a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
We love the taste of New Orleans and I’ll sprinkle in that Bayou flavor whenever I get a chance. So, this New Year’s Eve I decided to add some Cajun Shrimp to our New Year’s Eve Menu for some extra flavor.
Shrimp has become my go to protein whenever I want a meal with a ton of flavor but I don’t have a lot of time. Shrimp may be small but it easily soaks up flavors and has a ton of protein and nutrition.
This is a great recipe if you are feeding a crowd or need to get dinner on the table quickly. A good cajun seasoning and some thawed shrimp are all you need to a boatload of tasty shrimp done in 10 minutes.
I love making this Cajun Shrimp recipe in a cast iron skillet because the high heat from the skillet combined with butter allows to shrimp to get a nice crisp on it. It’s okay if you don’t have a cast iron pan this recipe will still be delicious. It just may not have that extra crispy exterior.
Whenever hubby and I travel I love to roam the streets. In a place like New Orleans there are so many great place that are off the beaten path. That’s were you’ll find the little treasures of the city. Hubby found a great cigar place and I was able to find a little shop with homemade seasoning. There are loads of great places and New Orleans cooks that make homemade rubs and seasoning.
Though there a some delicious seasoning mixes you can find online or in your grocery store. I personally love the spice mixes from Frontier Co-Op. The spices are absolutely delicious and organic. I also love that the company gives back to the communities and farmers it works with. Its Cajun Spice mix is delicious though this recipe uses the cajun mix from Major Flavor.
What You’ll Need
- silicon tongs
- large bowl
- cast iron pan
- salad spinner or paper towels
- cajun seasoning
Easy One Pan Cajun Shrimp
Easy One Pan Cajun Shrimp
- 24 ounces large shrimp peeled and deveined tail on shrimp
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- fresh parsley (garnish) optional
- Use salad spinner or paper towels to pat shrimp dry.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with salt and cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- Heat cast iron pan to medium high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add some shrimp to the pan and cook for 1- 2 minutes on each side. Do not crowd the pan.
- Remove cooked shrimp from the pan. Add the remaining butter and shrimp and cook for 1 -2 minutes. Repeat until all the shrimp have been cooked.
If you like shrimp recipes with lots of flavor you might also like these recipes…
Doesn’t it just warm your heart to see smiling faces and full tummies? What’s on the menu tonight?