Greek Pasta salad loaded with vegetables and tons of layers of flavor. This oil-based pasta recipe is perfect for the Summer.
Though it’s not officially Summer but I am so ready for it. Around here and we love to spend our Summers outdoors. Whether we are making dinner on the grill or having people over meat and tasty sides are a must.
And though hubby might disagree, meat doesn’t make a meal. So, I like to make sides that can withstand a warm Summer’s day. I prefer recipes that are quick, easy and have lots of tasty vegetables. This Greek pasta salad is a great addition to our Summer salad rotation. It’s not heavily covered in oil but well dressed and very flavorful.
And when we do have people over, I love to have a vegetarian option. You never know who might show up and this way you have a little something for everyone. Simple recipes like this make sure you stay stress-free and enjoy having people over. Even when your get-together is unexpected.
It’s actually why I always have pasta in the house. Just in case I need to whip up something quickly for unexpected guests.
What You’ll Need
- large pot
- jar with a fitted lid
One of the reasons I love this pasta salad is because I love the soft pasta noodles with the crunch of the cucumbers and peppers in this Greek Pasta Salad. I used tricolor fusilli pasta in this salad because the curves of the pasta allow the olive oil dressing to fully cover it. The tri-color pasta also looks beautiful and the whole salad is colorful once you’ve added all of the veggies into it.
And of course, the mom in me is super proud to sneak in some additional vegetables. Mom Win!!
Greek Pasta Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 8 ounces kalamata olives pit removed & halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 large cucumbers cut into quarters
- 12 ounces red peppers diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
You can substitute shredded parmesan if you prefer a hard cheese over a soft cheese.
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking make the dressing by adding olive oil to a small jar with a fitted lid (mason jar etc). Then add apple cider vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place lid on the jar a shake well.
- Once pasta is finished strained (save a little pasta water is possible). Allow pasta to cool, put in a bowl, cover, and place in the fridge.
- Chop artichokes, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, and onions.
- Remove pasta from the fridge and add chopped vegetables. Gently pour olive oil dressing over pasta and vegetables and mix well. Top with fresh feta cheese and sliced basil and serve.
If you like this recipe you might also like these simple and easy side salads.