Delicious Grilled Teriyaki Salmon is easier to make than you think and your family will love it.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, this means at no additional cost to you I may earn commission of you click through a link or make a purchase
Many times are recipes are inspired by food that we’ve had restaurants. And this Grilled Teriyaki Salmon recipe is no exception. One thing Hubby and I used to do was go to our local sushi restaurant to have lunch.
Typically, I would have sushi but one day I decided I was going to try the lunch special. I ordered the Salmon teriyaki lunch box. And I was oh so pleasantly surprised. That was my to go lunch order from then on.
There are so many reason to like Grilled Teriyaki Salmon. It’s delicious and healthy, since it’s filled with omega 3. It also is a great source of protein. The list goes on and on.
For this recipe I used our homemade teriyaki sauce which has a bit less sugar. But anyone stored bought sauce will do just fine. There are many brands of teriyaki sauce that you can use to make this recipes. And plenty that are low in sugar and without soy if you have a soy allergy.
Lastly, the littles love this recipe and anytime we can easily get our kids to eat fish and veggies I am a happy momma.
When cooking salmon I make sure it is cooked all the way through because I am feeding it to my children. But also because I don’t like rare salmon. :- /
Tips for the Perfect Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
- Cast Iron Grill or Pan
- Oil grill before placing salmon on grill
- Make sure grill is hot before placing salmon on the grill
- Place salmon skin side down
- Only flip once
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds salmon
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce homemade teriyaki sauce
- 4 lemon slices
- 1/8 cup green onion sliced
- Cut salmon into 4 -6 ounce fillets. Pat salmon with a clean dry cloth to remove moisture. Sprinkle fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
- Brush salmon with teriyaki sauce.
- Preheat grill pan or cast iron pan over medium high heat.
- Brush oil on pan and place teriyaki salmon skin side down on a hot grill. Cook for at least 6 minutes (depending on thickness)or until you see the fillet start to lighten in color. Flip and cooked for an additional 4 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over salmon and top with sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with you favorite side.
What to serve with your salmon …
If you like this teriyaki salmon recipe you might also like these.
From our family to your and made with love.