This time of the year is when the ovens turn on and the cookie sheets come out. Even with the worst bah hum bug fever, cookies make everyone feel a little more chipper. Especially, when you can smell the sweet buttery cookies as you walk the door. This is a present I’ve received from my co-worker and one I’ve given often. My mini me loves to make cookies, so I know it’s a gift other moms appreciate. Though titled holiday cookie gift jar, I love this gift idea because there are several others treats (both savory and sweet) you can fit in a quart sized mason jar.
I also love this as a gift idea because it is adaptable. For example, you can use a gluten free or paleo mix. Add or remove nuts if someone has an allergy. It’s a really versatile gift that’s fun to make. Especially, for the little ones. More importantly, it gives the gift getter the opportunity to make something with the people they love.
My white chocolate cranberry christmas cookies have been a hit so that’s the mix in this jar. Of course, if you have a favorite cookie recipe I’m sure it’ll fit in this jar too.
BTW – Quart Mason Jars jars are also great for a savory dish or two.
- quart mason jar
- funnel (optional)
- cookie Ingredients
- decorative paper/wrapping paper
- twine/ ribbon
- double sided tape/glue gun
- hole puncher
- Clean your jars and let it air dry.
- Fill your jars with cookie ingredients.1 1/2 cups of flour mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon of corn starch.Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar then 1/2 cup of white sugar. Add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Write recipe on decorative paper or holiday tag (Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well. Use a tablespoon to measure dough and roll into ball. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes).
- Decorate jar
And you’re done. I know… you wished you would have bought more jars. No worries this is a great gift idea for anytime of year. Maybe next time a gift jar in a dinner basket. Yeah, you’re thinking about it.
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The products presented here are ones that I use. The opinions presented here are our own.