Mediterranean cucumber tomato salad that’s refreshing and deliciously delightful dish for the Summer.
This post contains affiliate links. Which means I may earn a commission if you click through and purchase an item. Please see our disclosure statement for more information.
I absolutely love everything about a recipe that is simple to make and delicious. Too many ingredients or too many different types of measurements and it’s easy to get something wrong or get frustrated.
As Summer approaches, I always love to plan what we are going to eat. I know I get ahead of myself but because we have a garden I have to think ahead. Some veggies we always have in the garden are cucumbers and tomatoes (I know tomatoes are fruit but you get the point). : -)
If I’m feeling particularly excited, then I’ll add some squash and eggplant plants to the garden. These are absolutely delicious off of the grill and great as a side dish but cucumbers and tomatoes are a staple in our house. So, I make a ton of recipes that incorporate these ingredients. Whether it’s tomato basil bruschetta or a Caprese salad it’s great to have fresh veggies from the garden.
If you have the opportunity to pick up veggies from a local farmers market you know what I mean. But whether fresh or not this Mediterranean Cucumber tomato salad just might become your go-to Summer salad.
What Makes It Mediterranean
There are several elements that make this salad Mediterranean. Let’s start with the Persian cucumbers. One of the things I love about Persian cucumbers (when I can find it) is that it is a bit sweet and very crunchy. Which I love in a Summer salad.
Now add mint (from the garden) and lemon juice to those sweet, crunchy cucumbers. And then, of course, the salt of feta cheese and Kalamata olives. Absolutely delicious. It’s layer, on top of layer, on top of layer of flavor.
If you want to make it a complete meal think about adding some quinoa or white beans to the salad. This will add protein and some additional nutrition.
What You’ll Need
Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad
Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- 1 pound Persian cucumber or English cucumber
- 1 pound grape tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 6-10 kalamata olives
- Chop cucumbers into quarters and grape tomatoes in half. Then chop red onion cilantro and mint.
- Toss chopped cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, cilantro, and mint in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, lemon juice dried oregano, salt, pepper and whisk together until completely combined.
- Pour olive oil mixture over cucumber mixture and top with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
I hope you and your family enough this simple Mediterranean Cucumber and Tomato Salad recipe. Is this your new favorite side salad?
If you like this recipe you might also like…