Microwave Eggs Three Ways for a Quick Breakfast. Whether you like your eggs scrambled, sunny side up or poached it’s convenient to make it in the microwave.
On any given morning, the day may run smoothly or not. When I worked near New York, I would have to get up at 5:00 in the morning to get ready for work. Because my commute took so long, there were many days I would rush out the door without breakfast.
Of course, I’m an advocate of the make-ahead breakfast but sometimes life just didn’t allow me to prep. Luckily, I have a mom that totally rocks and she suggested I pop an egg in the microwave for breakfast in the morning.
When she first suggested it I wish you could see the disgust on my face. I couldn’t imagine what an egg out of the microwave might taste like or what the texture would be like.
You know what I mean. You’ve had overcooked eggs at least once in your life. It’s all rubbery and well just not tasty.
But my mom knows how I am about food, so I knew she wouldn’t steer me wrong. So, the next time I was running short on time I decided to try cooking an egg in the microwave. I liked it so much I did it even when I wasn’t short on time.
Since the sunny side egg worked so well I tried eggs a couple of other ways and those were just as successful. Share the three ways we microwave eggs in our house. It’s always great to have quick and simple breakfast recipes. And these recipes are great to get the family into the kitchen with you in the morning. My boys love to help me make breakfast in the morning.
I like to use pyrex bowls or microwaveable ramekins. If you use a small ramekin your egg is now that perfect shape to fit an English muffin. And I don’t know about you but I love a sausage egg and cheese on an English muffin for breakfast. And it’s just as tasty as one of our favorite fast-food places. It’s fun to EAT OUT AT HOME right?
A couple of tips for making Microwave Eggs Three Ways for a quick simple breakfast. There are a couple of things you should do to make sure every microwaved egg is a success. When making your sunny side up eggs place a damp paper towel over the ramekin. Depending on the size of your microwave you may be able to place two ramekins (small bowls) in the microwave at a time.
When making scrambled eggs in the microwave the key is to add milk and microwave in increments. Microwave and stir. Microwave and stir. For both scrambled and sunny side up eggs make sure to spray the bowl with cooking spray or … with butter so the eggs do not stick.
What You’ll Need
- butter or cooking spray
- microwave-safe bowl (scrambled eggs)
- spatula (scrambled eggs)
- ramekins (sunny side up egg)
- paper towels
- 1 cup microwaveable bowl (poached egg)
- slotted spoon (poached egg)
- small plate (poached egg)
Microwave Eggs Three Ways for a quick Breakfast
Microwave Eggs Three Ways
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Sunny Side Up Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Scrambled Eggs Directions
- Spray microwave safe bowl with cooking spray.
- In a medium micro-wave safe bowl, crack eggs into bowl and add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk together well.
- Microwave the bowl of eggs for 1 minute (30 seconds if you are making 1 egg). Then remove eggs and stir with a spatula.
- Place bowl of eggs back into the microwave and allow to cook for an additional minute (15 seconds if making 1 egg). Then remove and stir.
- If eggs are still runny or too soft for your liking, place bowl of eggs back in the microwave and cook for an additional 30 to 45 seconds.
Sunny Side Up Directions
Once finished serve you eggs with toast and/or avocado.
- Spray 4 micro-wave safe bowls with cooking spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add one cracked egg. Do the same in another microwave-safe bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently pierce the yolk and place a slightly damp paper towel over it. Place the microwave safe bowl in the microwave and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove and check to make sure the egg white is set (not runny or clear). If not, cook for an additional 15 seconds and check again. Repeat if necessary.
Poached Egg Directions
- Fill a 1 cup micro-wave safe bowl with water then gently crack egg into the water and cover with a plate.
- Microwave for 60 seconds then check to see it egg is done. The white should completely surround the yolk.
- If it’s not done, continue to microwave 10 to 15 seconds at a time until done. Then use a slotted spoon to transfer it to a plate.
So what do you think about these Microwave Eggs Three Ways for a Quick Breakfast? Are you ready to whip some up?
If you like these recipes you might also like …