A Pressure Cooker Chicken and Potatoes recipe that’s the perfect weeknight dinner. Why? Because it’s quick, easy and full of flavor.
I will be honest this recipe was one of those last minute recipes that was created out of necessity. Yes, that happens here too. Though I try to be organized and plan, life is life. And sometimes things fall apart.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link or purchase something. Clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, but it will help us keep this site up and running! Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
In this instance, I had pulled chicken thighs out of the freezer but really hadn’t given it another thought until it was time to cook it. And by then it was survival mode.
My go to is to throw everything in the pressure cooker with some onions, celery and carrots. It’s the trio of deliciousness. That along with some well seasoned chicken that’s been seared in a hot pan.
All of the above happens in the pressure cooker. Because why dirty more dishes if you don’t have to.
Why Use A Pressure Cooker
When I need to get a delicious dinner (or dessert) done quickly I use my pressure cooker. Pressure cookers are great for cooking meals that would typically take a bit longer if you were to cook them stove top. It’s also a great way to infuse a lot of flavor quickly.
This is especially helpful if you are on a budget and/ or have a recipe that uses a tougher cut of meat. The pressure cooker is great at making tough, cheap cuts of meat nice and tender.
This is the pressure cooker I use.
Hints for Great Flavor
- use course salt (pink Himalayan sea salt)
- rub seasoning into cold chicken
- use fresh herbs
- seal in flavor with heat
What You’ll Need
- Pressure Cooker
- Heat resistance silicone scraper
Pressure Cooker Chicken and Potatoes
Pressure Cooker Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 2 large carrots cut into circles
- 1 pounds potatoes cut potatoes into quarters
- 1 large onions rough chopped
- 2 large celery sticks large chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl combine powdered onion, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place clean chicken in a large bowl. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to chicken and then add seasoning mix. Rub seasoning into the meat of the chicken and under the skin.
- Press saute button on pressure cooker and allow the inner pot to get hot.
- Wash and cut vegetables and place to the side. Then chop herbs and place to the side.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to pressure cooker. Then add chicken skin side down. Use tongs to flip once browned. Removed chicken from pressure cooker once browned on both sides.
- Use a splash of chicken broth to remove cooked bits from the pot. Then press cancel on pressure cooker.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, quartered potatoes, chicken, chopped herbs and chicken broth to the pot. Close and lock lid and steam valve. Set pressure to high and the time to 36 minutes.
- Once finished, allow pot to naturally release the steam. Remove chicken potatoes and carrots and serve.
This pressure cooker chicken and potatoes is a complete meal.
If you like this pressure chicken and potatoes recipe you might also like these chicken recipes.
If you liked this pressure cooker dinner recipe share it with your friends and family.
So happy to share this stress free and comforting dinner recipe with you.
From my family to yours and made with love.