A simple Sautéed Beet Green recipe because it’s delicious and you get to use the whole beet. Waste not, want not!!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link or purchase something. Clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, but it will help us keep this site up and running! Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
As we officially embrace Fall we’ve been harvesting the last of our crops and cleaning up the garden. You might remember we were lucky enough to have eggplant, squash, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and beets in our garden this Summer.
We love roasted beets. So, we added roasted beets to many of our salads this Summer since we had it in the garden. Of course, the beet root isn’t the only part you can eat. So, I also wanted to share what we did with the beet greens.
I can’t remember who had the great idea to cook the beet greens but I am happy we did. In all honesty it looks just like Swiss Chard so we figured what the heck. It’ll probably taste good. And we (maybe he) was right.
If you’ve decided to make sauteed beet greens make sure the beets stem are healthy and firm.
This recipe is a super simple recipe that’s only a couple of ingredients. Best all your not wasting anything and you have a delicious side dish in about 10 minutes. You can also use this recipe for lacinto kale and spinach.
What You’ll Need
Sautéed Beet Greens
Sautéed Beet Greens
- saute pan
- 2 cups fresh beets greens Top of about 6 beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Wash beet greens in a strainer to remove dirt then pat dry. Then slice greens diagonally across the stem into strips
- Place a saute pan over medium to medium low heat and add olive oil.
- Add onion to the pan and saute until onion is slightly translucent. Then add minced garlic.
- Add chopped beet greens to pan with a pinch of salt. Stir in the greens so it's covered with olive oil garlic and onions. Stir frequently under greens are tender about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and plate. Add a spirts of fresh lemon juice.
Serve these sautéed beet greens with shrimp or a nice steak. Hope you like this recipe as much as my family did.
If you like this beet greens recipe you might also like these recipes
From my family to yours and made with love.