Low Carb Eggroll Bowl
A delicious low carb way to enjoy egg rolls.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon hoisin optional
- 1/4 cup soy sauce liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 12 ounces cole slaw 1 bag
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onions minced/optional
In a medium bowl, combine hoisin, soy sauce, chicken broth (or water)and apple cider vinegar. Whisk mixture together until completely combined. Set aside.
Next, heat a large heavy bottom pan (or wok) over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
Season pork with Chinese Five Spice, garlic and ginger.
Once hot, add ground pork. Break up large chunks of pork with a wooden spatula.
Push pork to one side of the pan. Add remaining sesame oil and cole slaw (or cabbage) and hoisin, apple cider vinegar mixture and cook until tender, 5 - 8 minutes.
Place egg roll mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.