With the Super Bowl around the corner I think a classic recipe appetizer recipe is in order. But you know I can’t just leave well enough alone. So these are Bacon Deviled Eggs. It’s a great appetizer for your Super Bowl Party, the holidays. Actually, any celebration.
Who doesn’t love tasty hand held food? Personally, I love deviled eggs. And it’s all my sister in laws fault. She makes deviled eggs that are so delicious I want to eat the whole plate when she brings it to the house.
Luckily deviled eggs are super simple to make. You just need a beautiful boiled egg and a yummy mayo, mustard, egg yolk mixture. It’ll be absolutely delicious even if that’s all you do.
Oh but once you add some bacon and greens onions that takes this recipe to another level. If you are going to make a little bite of something, it’s really got to pop.
Make sure to keep these tasty bites on ice for your party.
Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 4 slices thick bacon crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place cold water in a pot over high heat.
- Gently add eggs fully submerged bring to a rolling boil then decrease heat and allow to cook on low for 12 minutes.
- Peel shell off the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place in a medium mixing bowl. Using a fork mash yolks.
- Add crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and 1/8 cup of green onions and mix well until completely combined.
- Put egg yolk mixture into a food safe plastic bag or a pastry bag. Squeeze the mixture to one corner of the bag. Snip off the corner of the bag and press yolk mixture out to pipe mixture into the egg halves.
- Garnish with remaining onion and a sprinkle of paprika