This simple Honey Nut Granola recipe is the perfect snack for busy families. It doubles as an on the go snack and the perfect topper for a yogurt breakfast bowl. Best of all, you can whip it up in about 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Which means I may earn a commission if you click through and purchase an item. Please see our disclosure statement for more information.
My littles have been asking me to make them granola for weeks. You’ve been on a greek yogurt kick and the littles love it when I top their yogurt with fruit and granola.
This honey nut granola recipe is super easy which is why I make it all the time. Many of the measurement are actually the same so that I don’t have to pull out the recipe to make it. I love that!! Simplifying the measurements makes it easy to commit to memory. And believe me my memory is shot after 4 children so this recipe is pretty simple.
This recipe is so tasty. I particularly love the mixture of walnuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Each seed has its own yummy, nutty flavor. And I love the sweetness the honey adds to the granola.
Of course, my favorite … about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make. Any recipe that I don’t have to think about the measurements makes me really happy. But no worries if you’ve poured a little more almonds then what the recipe called for, it’ll still taste good. Whew.
If you like this snack recipe you might also like these recipes …
- Dried Fruit (think cranberries and dates)
- Chocolate Chips (or M & Ms)
- Coconut Flakes
What You’ll Need
- parchment paper
- rimmed baking sheet
Honey Nut Granola Recipe
Honey Nut Granola Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts cinnamon and ginger and mix well.
- Then stir in melted butter, honey and vanilla. Spoon granola out onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Place parchment on a baking sheet and spread oat mixture on top. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and stir.
- Return sheet pan to oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Granola should be golden brown. Remove granola from oven and allow to cool (granola will crisp as it cools).
- Serve alone as a snack or on top of some yogurt with some sliced fruit.
Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
Yummy Honey Nut Granola!! So are you eating your granola as a hand held snack or with fruit and yogurt?