I absolutely love a delicious pizza. But this one is even better because it’s low carb, it has bacon. This delicious low carb BLT pizza with a cauliflower crust is everything you love and more from your pizza because it’s delicious and healthy.
If you follow El’s Kitchen Comforts on Instagram you know that I’m been testing some Keto recipes. And in the midst of all of my research I might have gone Keto (side eye).
There are so many things that I’m loving about the Keto lifestyle. And who knew, that minus my obsession with white rice (and pasta) I already had a bunch of Keto-ish recipes under my belt. Like this cauliflower pizza crust.
We first heard about a cauliflower pizza crust years ago when our friend’s wife worked for Beachbody. Hubby probably mentioned that we were doing some Beachbody workouts and we were looking for some new recipes. This was one she recommended. I think it was part of the 21 Day Fix program.
I tried it and I actually liked it. If you’ve never had cauliflower pizza crust (or a bad cauliflower pizza crust) you are looking at me sideways right now. No … it’s not like your tradition pizza crust but I promise you this crust is delicious.
And no worries if you don’t have a fancy food processor. You can buy riced cauliflower at your local grocery store or use a grater to rice your frozen or fresh cauliflower.
Make It Your Own
Oh, and don’t feel like you have to make this recipe exactly the way you see it here. You know I’m a firm believer of using whatever you have in the house. If you have some left over roasted chicken you can use that instead of bacon. Or buy the real bacon bits at the store.
You can swap out the grape tomatoes for sliced Roma tomatoes. Or even the spring mix for iceberg lettuce. I personally like to use a lettuce that has a bit more nutrition. So, if it’s just hubby and I, I use arugula. But the littles don’t like the peppery taste of arugula, so when it’s for the family we use spring mix or iceberg.
BTW … this is also a great brunch pizza. You can bake some additional bacon (and make a couple of poached or sunny side eggs and add it on top. Yum. Absolutely perfect!!
Find instructions on how to bake crispy bacon here.
Low Carb BLT Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Low Carb BLT Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
- 20 ounces frozen cauliflower 1 bag
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 slices thick cut cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup arugula (or spring mix)
- grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large food processor, add frozen cauliflower florets and pulse until it is a rice like consistency.
- Scoop cauliflower into a clean thin dish towel. Twist of the ends of the dish towel and wring out the moisture in the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower into a large bowl and add salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Once spices are completely combined add beaten eggs and cheese and mix well.
- Lightly oil parchment paper than place cauliflower mixture on parchment. Using the back of a spoon firmly spread and press cauliflower mixture into a rectangular (or circular) shape. Make sure it’s even and the crust is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 30 minute, until the top is dry and golden. Then carefully flip the crust over and bake for an addition 10 minutes.
- While pizza crust is baking, add mayo, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice to a small bowl and mix well. Place mayo mixture in the fridge until you are ready to assemble to pizza.
- Once cauliflower crust is done, allow it to cool for 2 or 3 minutes then spread mayo mixture all over crust. Top with lettuce, crumbled bacon and tomatoes.
Make sure you serve this low carb BLT nice and warm. I actually like to have mine with a salad on the side. I know like there’s not enough salad on the pizza.
If you’re not interested in any more salad on your plate you should try this buffalo wing recipe.