These Orange Mango Tea Cookies are delicate, sweet and so easy to make perfect for a special occasion. This recipe was months in the making and I’m so happy I was able to get it just right so I could share it with you.
I was super happy when I had the opportunity to work with Transcending Tea to make these yummy tea cookies. They have tons seasonal teas that come in a beautifully gold sealed package. You kind of feel special when it arrives. I let them know what I was interested in making and they suggested the perfect flavor of tea. Woo Hoo!!
There’s something absolutely delicate and delicious about tea cookies. The butter and powdered sugar are what help these cookies stay so soft and sweet.
Not Just Any Tea Cookie
That’s right!! This is not just any tea cookie. This is a tea cookie with tea in it. Many other tea cookies or biscuits (as they say in England) do not have tea in them. They are merely served with tea. But that’s no fun right?!?
Let me say I am really proud of this little cookie. It took months for me to figure out the recipe.
Why did it take months? I had to figure out if there was really a big difference in the taste of the cookie if you did not roast or toast the tea first. And how much tea I should use in the actual cookie. And yes, yes there was a difference.
So, before I could have my cookie and eat it too (and enjoy it), I made the tea cookie recipe without roasting the tea. Then with roasted tea. Then with toasted tea. I found that toasting the tea provided enough richness of flavor in the cookie. Then I had to decide how much tea to use. Sigh!
But in the end, it all worked out and this beautiful Orange Mango Tea Cookie was perfect.
Here’s an Orange Mango Tea Cookie recipe card for quick reference.
But there are tons of other flavors of tea that would work well with this tea cookie recipe. These is a perfect addition to a Mother’s Day Brunch, A Ladies Tea Party or a Spa Night In.
What You’ll Need
I used a flower shape cookie cutter similar to the one above but you could use a star or heart shaped cookie cutter. Or maybe a big “M” for mom, a graduation cap or a different type of themed cookie cutter.
Orange Mango Tea Cookies
Orange Mango Tea Cookies
- 2 tablespoons Mango Paradise Tea favorite loose citrus tea
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confection sugar set aside 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a stainless steel pan over medium heat, gently toast tea in a pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add tea and dry ingredients to food processor and gently pules until mixed together.
- Place pulsed ingredients in a bowl and add vanilla, orange juice and butter. Mix thoroughly and combine.
- Lightly flour a surface with powdered sugar and roll out cookie dough. Roll dough to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Use your cookie press to press dough into shaped cookies.
- Place cut cookies on parchment lined baking sheet. And bake for 6 to 8 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Place baked cookies on cookie rack and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
So, are you going to back a batch of these for someone else or for yourself?
If you like this sweet recipe you might also like these