Stovetop Pumpkin Chili
An extremely healthy take on a classic comfort food recipe. This stovetop pumpkin chili is nutrient dense and full of flavor.
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 15 ounce cans white cannelloni beans
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted or canned pumpkin pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup beef broth
Heat a large pot (dutch oven) over medium high heat.
Add olive oil and onions. Sauté onions until translucent. Then add garlic and peppers.
Allow all of the ingredients to sauté for another minute or two then mix in ground turkey and dry ingredients. Mix well.
Add in the remaining ingredients (beans, tomatoes and pumpkin) and mix well.
Place lid on pot and reduce heat to low.
Cook for 25 to 30 minutes stirring occasionally.